We all know that the liver is the biggest internal organ in the body. It carries out more than five hundred functions and produces over one thousand enzymes and many other proteins that are significant for good health. One cannot live without a liver.
Once the liver fails to perform,the only cure is liver transplantation. Several hospitals in India facilitate liver transplant surgery. The cost of liver transplant price in India is minimum compared to other countries.
Know More About Liver, and It’s Function:
The liver is located in the right upper abdomen. It is placed just below the diaphragm. A few of the many significant functions of the liver are specified below.
- It helps in Bile Formation, A fluid that allows the body to digest nutrients and fat.
- The liver also stores glycogen, a kind of stored energy for cells; vitamins, and even minerals until required by other organs.
- The liver helps in converting nutrients from food into vital enzymes, minerals, hormones, vitamins, and other molecules that are essential for body to perform necessary functions.
- It destroys riskier substances, like that of poison and alcohol to reduce the risks.
It could surprise you that liver is the only internal organ that is capable of regeneration. Twenty-five percent of this organ can regrow into a full liver. Such a regenerative property is the spirit of ‘living donor liver transplantation.’ It is a method wherein a portion of a donor’s liver gets relocated intothe recipient. A liver increases to the standard size for both the donor and the receipient after a successful transplant.
Why does the need for liver transplantation arise?
Several disorders can abolish or impair liver function tothe extent that a liver transplant gets essential. Well, before you panic and lose heart after going through the following reasons, you should not panic and remember that there is a cure for the same.
- If a patient has chronic viral hepatitis such as hepatitis, C, B, and even D, it triggers inflammation and chronic injury to the liver.
- Alcoholic liver issues
- Extreme liver failure generally from a virus or due to ingesting a toxic substance.
- Autoimmune hepatitis wherein the immune system of your body malfunctions and harms liver tissue.
- (NAFLD) Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and that of (NASH) non-alcoholic steatohepatitis, associated ailments wherein the fat accumulates in the liver.
- There is also (PBC) Primary biliary cirrhosis and (PSC) primary sclerosing cholangitis. Such is the progressive ailments that head to liver failure.
- Hepatic that are known as liver) tumours.
- Inherited Genetic and Metabolic problems which include ailments such as:
- Alpha 1 and antitrypsin deficiency
- Wilson’s disease
- Hemochromatosis and polycystic liver ailment.
So, if you have any signs of liver issues, you must consult the doctor right away. If your doctor recommends for a transplant, then liver transplant surgery cost is the least in India. It is beneficial that you undergo the treatment as recommended or else it can prove to be fatal.