There are lots of social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter and others but out of them all, Instagram seems to have made a powerful mark so much so that this is one of the most predominant social media channels of this modern day and age. Most of the business owners, whether it is fashion, retail or any other, use this photo sharing app for their business marketing purposes.
Instagram in fact can help you to make the most of the social media and create a prominent mark in the web world. You will be able to increase the number of footfalls to your fashion site, provided you follow the steps the successful companies follow. With more than 800 million active users in a month, there is a little margin for errors.
Since there are more than a billion likes handed out each day, with these steps and a little effort you can win a lot of followers for Instagramtowards your site.
The steps to follow
In order to make the most out of Instagram, you will first need to create a proper plan of approach. This will not only reduce your efforts but will also reduce the chances of committing any mistakes and increase the number of traffic to your site.
- First, you will need to switch your profile to the Instagram Business Profile if do have already, strangely. The most significant reason to make such a transformation is to enable you to use the plenty of free tools that Instagram has on offer along with the Insights.
- Once you have made the switch over, you must start using the free tools to take the maximum advantage of these. These tools will help you to target specific audience as these tools will enable you to know about the demographics of your audience such as their age, gender and top locations.
- Posting product teasers is the next important step to follow. This will help you to encourage the users to buy your product. Product teasers are the best tool to make people buy your product without being overly aggressive to make a sale. In fact, people are more likely to make a purchase when they feel that they are not being pressed for it.
- Another important step that follows is turning your posts into sponsored ads. This will help you to reach out to your target audiences more effectively, especially to those who are not be following your account yet. These sponsored posts will ensure that they get hooked on to your Instagram account.
- Using Instagram Stories is the next important step that you should surely follow. These stories will enable you to post all those behind-the-scenes photos and videos. Your followers will surely appreciate such a move getting the insider posts as that will build their trust for your band. This will in turn enable you to build a relationship with your customers and increasing the traffic to your site as well.
- Never skip or avoid partnering with the influencers. This is an important step but unfortunately most of the Instagram users avoid this route. The good thing about such partnership is that these influencers will significantly increase the number of traffic to your site as they have a wider reach in the industry as well as a massive number of Instagram followers who will trust their recommendations.
- Also make sure that you leverage the power of user-generated contents along with a branded and interactive hashtag and a compelling call to action. This approach will prove to be very effective to increase the number of followers. You can repost some of the best pictures your customers’ share by turning this into a contest.
- It is very important to make sure that the pictures you choose to post aligns with the image of your brand, the product as well as the message you want to convey. Posting any and every picture will never serve your purpose.
- Choosing the right time to post your pictures and never resorting to over posting will also help you significantly to increase the traffic count to your website. You will be better off if you do not post more than once or twice a day and that too at the time when your users are active and online. Ideally, you should automate your posts to go live during 8and 9 in the mornings of Mondays and Thursdays for best results.
- You must also make sure that you track the user metrics on a regular basis to see how your marketing efforts on Instagram are paying off and make the necessary changes if it is low in performance. Also keep a track of other important metrics such as follower growth rate, your URL click through rate and engagement rate.
Finally, and most importantly, make sure that you add a suitable and relevant link in your Instagram Bio so that users can directly visit your site from the Instagram page itself. All these steps will increase the traffic to your fashion site significantly.
Know what works best
Since there are lots of different Instagram marketing techniques that you can follow, it is essential that you choose the right one that will work best for your fashion site. You will need to research a bit for this or take help from professional services such as Gramista and others. They will consider your needs and then choose the most suitable approach for you to make the best out of Instagram to increase the number of traffic to your site.
Alternately, you can visit different fashion sites and see what they do to reach out to a larger audience and beat their competitors. However, you should not plagiarize their moves but make amendments in your techniques to ensure you get the best results.
In the end, you must know all the features and functions of the tools that Instagram has on offer so that you can use each and every one of these as and when required for your benefits.